From a metal band's new comic to the galaxy's most bad ass bounty hunter to two of the best new games to come out of Japan, this Saturday's MCM Midlands Comic Con at Telford International Centre comes jam-packed with geeky goodness.
Guests for their Comics Village area, with an emphasis on manga, include creators Josh Clarke, Kit Jo Yuki, Lily Mitchell, Lisa Cummins and Lyndon White; and indie publishers such as Subversive Comics, T Publications and Vimanika Comics UK.
Here are a few other highlights:
- Star Wars fan favourite Boba Fett will be touching down in Telford as British actor Jeremy Bulloch meets fans, signs autographs and hosts a panel. As well as playing the iconic bounty hunter, Jeremy's credits range from James Bond movies to TV shows such as Doctor Who, Spooks and Robin of Sherwood.
- Metal band The Dead Lay Waiting will be at the show to promote their new comic book. Nominated for the Best British Newcomer award by the readers of Kerrang! in 2011, the band have recently been touring the UK and Europe
- The sci-fi theme continues with Primeval stars Andrew Lee Potts and Hannah Spearritt. Andrew is currently playing palaeontology student Connor Temple in the show's hit spin-off, Primeval: New World, while former S Club 7 star Hannah appeared in all five seasons of Primeval as zookeeper Abby Maitland.
- Find out first-hand why gorgeous-looking new Japanese RPG Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is flying off the shelves courtesy of Namco Bandai. Fans of the game will also discover the voice of Ni no Kuni's lovable Drippy - Gavin & Stacey actor Steffan Rhodri - over in the signing area
- Voice actor Alix Wilton Regan is also at the event. Best known as the voice of Samantha Traynor in BioWare's Mass Effect 3, Alix's other roles include Mhairi in Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening and Calista in Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi's The Last Story.
- Konami is giving visitors the chance to get hands-on with the eagerly-anticipated Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance ahead of its 22nd February release date, as well as its ever-popular Yu-Gi-Oh! collectable card game.
- Telford also sees the first comic con appearance by Eoin Macken, best known as Sir Gwaine from BBC fantasy series Merlin. Eoin also recently appeared in Roman war epic Centurion, playing opposite Michael Fassbender.
YouTube at www.youtube.com/mcmexpo
* The ‘Kids Go Free’ offer applies to General Entry tickets only. Children aged 10 years or younger gain free entry if accompanied by a full paying adult, to a maximum of two children per full paying adult.