downthetubes is undergoing some main site refurbishment...

This blog is no longer being updated

The downthetubes news blog was assimilated into our main site back in 2013.

Hop over to www.downthetubes.net for other British comics news, comic creating guides, interviews and much more!

Friday 17 February 2012

Happy Birthday, 2000AD! From artist and fan Rodrigo Diaz Ricci


Robo Hunter cover for 2000AD by Ian Gibson Name: Rodrigo Diaz Ricci

Blog or web site:
http://www.ligeia-the-vampire.com/

Currently working on:

At the time of writing this I'm on holiday - my first in three years! I've just finished my third Ligeia adventure, Moonchild, and I'm working on the new series Which will also be published on my website.

I'm also writing and drawing a series in Spanish for a Chilean Strip Magazine calling Sintoma, with my own story called Matrioska. (It's a a mix between Tom Clancy and David Cronemberg!)

First memory of 2000AD?

I started to read Judge Dredd in the early 1990s and I love the character.

Favourite Character or Story?

I've read a huge number of 2000AD stories, but their high quality makes me think it's unfair speak of only one. But since I have to choose, I think: Cry of the Werewolf, Robo-Hunter, Future Shocks and others. Too many of the latter to pick out just one!

What do you like most about the 2000AD?

Well - 2000AD is a Magazine that has given work to a lot of new professionals. It has a Rock spirit and maintains the spirit of comics for young people, but in an intelligent way. It's a fetish of popular culture from 20th century and now the 21st.

What would you most like to see in 2000AD as it heads to its Forties?

I want to read an story with Iron Maiden-like characters. Rock and comics always will be a cool mix!

• This post is one in a series of tributes to 2000AD to mark its 35th birthday on 26th February 2012. More about 2000AD at http://www.2000adonline.com/

2000AD © Rebellion

No comments:

Latest News on downthetubes.net

Contact downthetubes

• Got a British Comics News Story? E-mail downthetubes!

• Publishers: please contact for information on where to post review copies and other materials: editor@downthetubes.net

Click here to subscribe to our RSS NewsFeed

Powered by  FeedBurner