downthetubes is undergoing some main site refurbishment...

This blog is no longer being updated

The downthetubes news blog was assimilated into our main site back in 2013.

Hop over to www.downthetubes.net for other British comics news, comic creating guides, interviews and much more!

Sunday 12 February 2012

Happy Birthday, 2000AD! From art droid Keith Page



Name: Keith Page

Blog or web site: 
http://keithpageukcomicsartist.blogspot.com

Currently working on:


I'm currently working on Grey Dog, the first of three 48-pagers about the Irish mythological hero Cuchulain, written by Stephen Walsh, as well as my usual Commandos.

First memory of 2000AD?

I went to see a very courteous Pat Mills at King's Reach Tower as a young would-be artist just before the launch of 2000AD, and he showed me some artwork which included the Belardinelli Dan Dare.

Favourite Character or Story?

My favourite artist was always Mike McMahon, and my favourite story was Slaine.

If you worked on 2000AD, do you have an anecdote you'd like to share about your experience of Tharg and his minions?

He was good enough to give me a choice of trial scripts to work on, the one I chose being about a 22nd Century cop...

I went on to do a few annual stories and a couple of Strontium Dog tales later on.

• This post is one in a series of tributes to 2000AD to mark its 35th birthday on 26th February 2012. More about 2000AD at www.2000adonline.com

2000AD © Rebellion


No comments:

Latest News on downthetubes.net

Contact downthetubes

• Got a British Comics News Story? E-mail downthetubes!

• Publishers: please contact for information on where to post review copies and other materials: editor@downthetubes.net

Click here to subscribe to our RSS NewsFeed

Powered by  FeedBurner