Abstracts are now being accepted for inclusion in an anthology to be produced by UK comic scholars on “The Adventures of Tintin.” Proposed essay topics should creatively engage with the critical, philosophical, and social issues explored in the Tintin universe.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
• Tintin and Hergé
• Tintin and comic book history
• Tintin and detective fiction
• Tintin and the adventure story
• Tintin in translation
• Censorship of Tintin
• Tintin’s spinoffs
• Tintin in adaptations
• Tintin in films
• Tintin clubs
• Tintin and geography
• Tintin and travel
• Travel and colonialism
• Treatment of race in Tintin
• Snowy as sidekick
• Animal welfare
• Tintin and gender
• Tintin and masculinity; homosocial relations
• Tintin in criticism
1. Submission deadline for abstracts (100-500 words) and (one-page) CVs: 30 August, 2012
2. Submission deadline for first drafts of accepted papers: 15 December 2012.
3. Submission deadline for final papers: 1 February 2013
Kindly submit abstracts (as Word Document attachment) to BOTH Tyler Shores (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Tom Ue (email@example.com).
DC, Marvel announce Jack Kirby centenary publications, but what’s missing? - US comic publishers DC Comics and Marvel have both announced their plans to mark Jack “King” Kirby’s centenary in August. Kirby, born 29th August 1917, who...
21 hours ago