downthetubes is undergoing some main site refurbishment...

This blog is no longer being updated

The downthetubes news blog was assimilated into our main site back in 2013.

Hop over to www.downthetubes.net for other British comics news, comic creating guides, interviews and much more!

Friday 10 February 2012

Happy Birthday, 2000AD! From feature and script droid Matthew Badham

Matt Badham

Blog or web site: I'm a contributor to the Forbidden Planet International blog, down thetubes and I'm on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/mattbadham

Currently working on:


Articles for the Judge Dredd Megazine, Comic Heroes and Strip Magazine.

First memory of 2000AD?

Johnny Alpha and a whole bunch of bad-ass mutants staring out from the cover of Prog 349.

Favourite Character or Story?

Strontium Dog: Outlaw - An absolute stone-cold classic that thrilled readers from early April to late September, 1984. I was bereft when this 'action movie on paper' ended. It had thrills, spills and -- typically for a Wagner/Grant story -- a nice line in humour. Wild West-esque SF action at its best with cracking art by Carlos Ezquerra. Zarjaz!!!

A close second is Low Life: The Deal. A sublime Dreddworld offering from 2011 by Rob Williams and D'israeli. I loved it.

What do you like most about the 2000AD?

Its sense of humour.

What would you most like to see in 2000AD as it heads to its Forties?

More of the same, as the comic is in great shape at the moment.

If you worked on 2000AD, do you have an anecdote you'd like to share about your experience of Tharg and his minions?

I had a Future Shock I wrote published in 2009, which I still find mind-boggling. I write interviews for the Judge Dredd Megazine. My experience of Tharg and his minions -- minimal. I try to deliver my copy on time and keep my nose clean. And, apart from that,  I keep out of their way. They're busy droids, who don't need me hassling them.


No comments:

Latest News on downthetubes.net

Contact downthetubes

• Got a British Comics News Story? E-mail downthetubes!

• Publishers: please contact for information on where to post review copies and other materials: editor@downthetubes.net

Click here to subscribe to our RSS NewsFeed

Powered by  FeedBurner