The sixth 'episode' of Richard Farell and Vincent Law’s Gerry Anderson fanzine Andersonic is now on sale via the Andersonic web site
Another 40 page issue, it features a new interview with Gerry Anderson who discusses, amongst other things, UFO, the fate of New Captain Scarlet, Lancaster bombers, lemmings and, of course, Thunderbirds. Other features include:-
• The Art of Ron Embleton - the work of TV Century 21's Captain Scarlet and Stingray artist.
• Lord Parker's 'Oliday - Bingo! A classic episode reviewed.
• Alpha Incident Log - Strange goings on with glowing rocks and Irish Cowboys...
• Faith in Science - The contributions of Barry Morse and Johnny Byrne to Space:1999.
• Identified Retrospective - Seven different writers share their thoughts on UFO's opener.
• SHADO Test Paper - Ed and Alec's Fun Page.
• Writing the Tracys - exploring Thunderbirds' popularity with writers.
• Winged Assassins - what makes Captain Scarlet the odd one out?
• Mission of the Darians - Mutant! Classic Space:1999 episode reviewed.
• The Fall of Troy - Stingray's Forbidden Shakespearian roots.
• Watching the Watchers - the arrival of the 21st Century in our living rooms.
• Trap for a Rhino - New Captain Scarlet episode appraised.
• The new issue is available via the website www.andersonic.co.uk, price £1.95 including UK postage and also from eBay.
That Was the Comic Week That Was: 2000AD “Ultimate” launch, the perils of polybagged comics and the passing of a girls comic pioneer - A little later than planned, here are some items you may have missed on our site and beyond last week.
4 days ago