WE HAVE MOVED....
The downthetubes new blog has been assimilated our main site. Hop over to www.downthetubes.net for British comics news, interviews and muc...
Monday, 5 December 2011
Judge Dredd takes on Zombies in new App Game
Fuse Powered Inc. and Rebellion, the owners of 2000AD, have just released Judge Dredd vs. Zombies for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
In Judge Dredd vs. Zombies, players are the Law, taking on the role of one of the world’s most famous comic book heroes as Judge Dredd declares a (second) death sentence on invading zombies. Using simple, “single-stick” controls, players shoot up zombies across thirty levels of over-the-top undead mayhem, unlocking weapon and equipment upgrades as justice is served. Judge Dredd vs. Zombies is available now on the App Store for $.99.
“When we met with Rebellion to discuss bringing their Judge Dredd brand to iOS, we saw right away that Judge Dredd vs. Zombies was a winning formula,” said Jon Walsh, CEO at Fuse Powered.
“In one corner, you have an iconic character from one of the most-loved comic book series of all time, and in the other corner – an endless horde of zombies. Rebellion is a proven world-class independent console developer and we’re thrilled to bring The Law to the iTunes App Store.”
Judge Dredd is of course none too pleased when zombies invade Mega City One and player s can help him punish these unlawful undead invaders with their Lawgiver and a devastating arsenal of powerful weapons. (You can increase your “Law Meter” by slaughtering the zombie horde and earn credits to unlock new guns and upgrades).
"From our first meeting with Fuse we realized that there was strong potential for a great partnership. Their analytics, marketing tools and expertise are invaluable assets for iOS developers." said Jason Kingsley, CEO of Rebellion. “It’s a great cultural fit. We get to do what we do best - make great games - and Fuse does what they do best - maximize each game’s chance of success.”
Key features include:
• 30 levels packed full of zombies to slay, set across three different episodes
• Single-stick controls – minimal learning curve equals maximum excitement
• Upgradeable weapons from the Judge Dredd universe - including the Lawgiver, the Spitgun, the Scattergun and the Hi-Ex Launcher
• Equipment upgrades, from Body Armour to Iron Will – each with a different combat advantage
• Star and commendation system – players are recognized for their shoot-em-up skills
• Game Centre support with 16 achievements to collect!
• Download Judge Dredd vs. Zombieson the iOS App Store for $.99: http://bit.ly/vH5EDQ