(with thanks to The Emperor over on the downthetubes Forum): Regular readers will recall our announcement about a Charity Comic organised by the Comic Book Alliance to raise funds for the victims of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami (see news story).
In addition to that, here's a rundown of just some of the many charity projects or offerings being made by comic creators to raise funds...
From Tharg's droids:
• Leigh Gallagher's contribution is offering to draw your favourite 2000AD character and is contributing to the Genre for Japan, a science fiction, fantasy and horror auction in aid of the Red Cross Japanese Tsunami Appeal which ends today (at midnight BST, Sunday 3rd April)
• Frazer Irving is offering a unique print of the cover he did for the Solaris Books novel Kultus
• Al Ewing is giving his fans the chance to appear in his next Pax Britannica novel Pax Omega
The folks on the 2000AD forum have come up with a few offerings:
• A 4-page Jikan story (the character from Paragon comics) with a number of small pressers chipping in
• Wayne Simmons is offering a number of copies of his zombie novel Flu
• Duncan Fegredo has a Hellboy drawing up as part of Dark Horse's fund-raising for the Red Cross' efforts in Japan
• Neill Cameron has begun his Awesome Japan A-Z (see news story)
• For the Comic Book Alliance, contributors signed up include Jon Haward and many others
• For more information about the CBA project read our news story; if you would like to take part please contact Tim Pilcher by email via foundersATcomicbookalliance.co.uk for further details about formats, deliveries, or any other questions you might have.
• The Comic Book Alliance: www.comicbookalliance.co.uk
Opening this week: Bananaman – The Musical! - Never mind Star Wars: The Last Jedi. the premiere of the month has to be the much-anticipated Bananaman – The
18 hours ago