In the latest issue of Europe’s comics industry trade paper, which goes on sale week beginning 29 September, writer Karl Kesel, artist Ramon Bachs and editor Steve Wacker talk exclusively to Comics International about making monkeys out of superheroes in Marvel Ape while a special Apes in Comics feature provides the lowdown on four colour primates.
Featuring four alternate covers and priced at the usual £2.99/$4.99, the 100-page Issue 207 also contains Selling Captain America to the World, in which a host of top creators offer their views on how those outside America might react to the in-development movie that features Marvel’s patriotic superhero in action during World War II.
Also included alongside a comprehensive news section are a host of regular features and columns as well as numerous other exclusives, among them:
• The writer/artist team of Joshua Ortega and Liam Sharp discussing Gears of War, DC/WildStorm’s tie-in with Microsoft’s soon-to-be-released sequel to its top-selling computer game.
• Vertigo’s new Unknown Soldier faces tribal genocide and other horrors in 21st century Uganda: Joshua Dysart and artist Alberto Ponticelli reveal the hard work and passion that went into melding comicbook fiction with real life tragedy.
• As reported by downthetubes, Jason Wilson’s Smuggling Vacation has caused a stir in the British media. The cartoonist discusses the genesis of his controversial debut graphic novel
• Writer Peter Milligan plumbs The Depths as he offers his thoughts on Namor and reveals the outlines his Sub-Mariner six-parter for Marvel.
• El Diablo is being revived and writer Jai Nitz reveals his intentions for the new version of DC’s 1960s hero. Artist Phil Hester talks about the project from his point of view while also discussing Golly, the series he is writing for Image.
• Thunderbirds are Go! CI’s unique in-depth examination of TV SF in British comics continues with the third in a six-part series devoted to strip spin offs from Gerry Anderson shows. This time the focus is the the ever popular rescue drama series that made SuperMarionation a household word.
• For more about Comics International visit www.comics-international.co.uk
“The 77” comics anthology line-up revealed - [image: The 77 Anthology - Promotional Banner]The line-up of creators contributing to the upcoming The 77 anthology - offering a fast and furious mix of ol...
2 days ago