The online home of the Galaxy’s Greatest Comic, 2000 AD, has undergone a dramatic transformation - and sees publisher Rebellion crank up its digital offering of 2000 AD several more notches.
The legendary British anthology comic, due to celebrate its 35th anniversary next year, has rebooted its website www.2000ADonline.com with new features, including:
• new digital versions of 2000 AD and the Judge Dredd Megazine available to buy
• brand new digital graphic novels – never available online before
• brand new news blog, bringing all the latest news, releases and deals from the House of Tharg
• share your favourite issues, characters and news with your friends thanks to Facebook ‘like’ and Twitter ‘share’ buttons
• new section detailing all the latest US graphic novels
• updated online shop where you can buy the latest 2000 AD comics, graphic novels and limited edition merchandise – everything from mugs and action figures to t-shirts and badges
The redesign, topped with a brand new image from Judge Dredd artist Ben Willsher, is now live - providing a new home for 2000 AD fans to keep abreast of the title’s thrill-powered storytelling and breathtaking artwork from some of the biggest names in the industry.
This week also sees the launch of the exciting beta release of the brand new 2000 AD wiki database – an online repository of 35 years of thrill-power, editable by fans themselves! Specially selected site users will be able to give the wiki a test run before it is opened up to the wider online community within the next month.
Readers unable to get hold of a physical copy of 2000 AD or the Judge Dredd Megazine will now be able to buy digital versions* direct through the website, as well as new digital copies of collected editions, beginning with fan favourite - Geek-zapping space marines The VCs.
“With 2012 marking not only 2000 AD’s 35th anniversary but also the release of the eagerly anticipated Dredd movie, we felt 2000ADonline.com needed to be THE hub for all 2000 AD news," explains editor Matt Smith.
"Virtually every week we have new announcements about upcoming stories, merchandise and top-name creators working for 2000 AD, and the sleekly redesigned site will make it easier to keep fans informed while also attracting new readers.
“US Earthlets will be regularly updated on the latest 2000 AD graphic novel releases on their side of the Atlantic, and with every new issue available to buy both as physical and digital copies we’re striving to reach as many potential readers as possible.”
Dinosaur are Forever – TASCHEN’s new “Paleoart” book released - TASCHEN’s stunning-looking new book Paleoart: Visions of the Historic Past, featuring a wide range of gorgeous dinosaur and prehistoric animal-inspired
1 hour ago