downthetubes is undergoing some main site refurbishment...

This blog is no longer being updated

The downthetubes news blog was assimilated into our main site back in 2013.

Hop over to www.downthetubes.net for other British comics news, comic creating guides, interviews and much more!

Wednesday 12 January 2011

New Year, New Fallen Heroes Teasers...

The team at Fallen Heroes - the comics adaptation of the top-selling novel by Barry Nugent - have released a second teaser poster in advance of the project's launch at the Cardiff Comic Expo next month.

The comic is being written by Martin Conaghan, whose work includes stories for Caliber Comics and works in sports broadcasting at the BBC, with art from Steve Penfold.

This is the second of six teaser posters for the upcoming Issue 1 launch. "I’ve now seen 18 pages of art and I know I’m biased, but I love every single page of what I’ve seen," says Fallen Heroes author Barry. "It’s blown me away seeing my story translated to the comic form.

"This was something I never expected to happen," he adds. "I can’t wait to hold the finished comic in my hands and hopefully that won’t be too long a wait. This is right up there with the first time I walked into Waterstones and saw my book staring back at me on the shelf.

To celebrate its launch  at Cardiff International Comic Expo Fallen Heroes - The Comic Adaptation #1 will be numbered and contain exclusive artwork from Andie Tong (DC Comics, Marvel, Darkhorse, Mirage Studios, Image and Markosia), Leigh Gallagher (DC Comics and 2000AD) and Emma Vieceli (SelfMadeHero, Marvel, Image, Random House, Toykopop and Future Publishing).

This numbered limited edition will only be available at the Cardiff Comic Expo (any reprints of issue one will not contain this artwork). Once they’re gone they’re gone - so make sure you pick up your limited edition copy at the convention.

The team tell us they also have an awesome motion trailer for the comic which will be launching soon - so keep an eye on the Fallen Heroes website for that.

No comments:

Latest News on downthetubes.net

Contact downthetubes

• Got a British Comics News Story? E-mail downthetubes!

• Publishers: please contact for information on where to post review copies and other materials: editor@downthetubes.net

Click here to subscribe to our RSS NewsFeed

Powered by  FeedBurner