• We're now just days away from the opening of London's Alternative Press Festival will have officially begun. Jimi Gherkin reports that he's seen the first copy of Publish You, the APF Book which includes a huge range of comic creator contributions, "and it looks really awesome!" he says. The Book's official launch is on Wednesday: more info here on Facebook.
During the events the book will be on offer at a special Festival only price of £6! So, if you're London-bound, get along and get your copy, before they're all gone! More info: www.alternativepress.org.uk
• You can already get comics on iPhone, but what about a bigger 'comic reader' from Apple in time for Christmas? Various web sites, including IT Pro, are reporting rumours that the cash rich Mac makers may soon be launching a 'tablet' computer, prompted by a report in the Financial Times suggested the tablet computer would tie in with plans to sell albums, as part of a new deal with record labels. The device itself would have a 10-inch screen, the anonymous source said. More on the downthetubes Mobile Comics blog...
• Over on his blog Warren Ellis has announced he's working on a new film script based on Arthurian mythos.
• Hot on the heels of its recent deal to merchandise Dan Dare, Cynopsis Kids reports Chorion has inked new licensing deals for the Beatrix Potter brand, appointing Haven Licensing as a new agent for the brand in Australia and New Zealand and Bull's Licensing for Scandinavia. Both Haven Licensing and Bull's Licensing will work with Chorion locally to develop and execute a brand strategy to grow the Beatrix Potter program.
• US channel Syfy has announced its new original series Caprica to premiere on 22nd January 2010 at 9pm with a two-hour episode. Subsequent episodes will air on Fridays at 10pm. Caprica - a Battlestar Galactica prequel - is about two rival families headed by Daniel Graystone (played by Eric Stoltz) and Joseph Adama (Esai Morales) who compete in the future world of the 12 Colonies.
In Review: How Comics Work by Dave Gibbons & Tim Pilcher - How Comics Work By Dave Gibbons, Tim Pilcher Publisher: Quarto Publishing Group – Wellfleet Press The Book: This “How It’s
3 hours ago