downthetubes is undergoing some main site refurbishment...
This blog is no longer being updated
The downthetubes news blog was assimilated into our main site back in 2013.
Hop over to www.downthetubes.net for other British comics news, comic creating guides, interviews and much more!
Thursday, 21 February 2013
BD&Comics Passion Festival launches comics competition for young artists
Calling all comics devotees: the BD & Comics Passion Festival is back at London's Institut Français 30th May 30th to 2nd June, with workshops, live drawing, concerts and
movies galore are on the agenda, with some of the greatest writers and illustrators, including Patrick Sobral (Les Légendaires), Etienne Davodeau (Les Ignorants),
François Boucq (Bouncer, Jérôme Moucherot) and many more…
And since you love comics, why not make one yourself? If you’re aged 7 to 17 and live in
the UK, you can participate in the Festival's nationwide contest and stand a chance to win amazing prizes - whether you make it on your own, as a class project, or with friends.
All you need to do is design a comic book full of creativity where the food you love - or
hate - most is the centrepiece. Anything can happen: a crazy scientist invents a new
smell for Brussels sprouts? We love it! The adventures of Super Cucumber? Go for it! The
discovery of a chocolate planet? We’ve been dreaming about it! But careful now, the title
and cover of your comic are important, as much as the story and drawing …
A panel of experts will choose the three most inventive and achieved applications. The
winners will get amazing prizes, all presented during an astonishing prize ceremony at
the Institut Français in London, during the Festival.
· You must be aged 7 to 17 and you live in the UK to enter
· You can enter the competition either individually or as a group (as part of a
school project or with friends)
· Make a comic book: there must be a cover, a back cover, a title, and a story of two
· Write your story in French or English or both
· Your comic book cannot be considered without the application form, available here in French and in English
· We must receive your entry before Thursday 9th May 2013 at midnight
• For more information, contact 020 7073 1345 or firstname.lastname@example.org