downthetubes is undergoing some main site refurbishment...
Saturday, 7th October 2017
The downthetubes news blog was assimilated into our main site back in 2013, but we're glad you're here, because that's currently undergoing some under the bonnet refurb! So we've brought this blog back from the dead to tide us over.
We expect to be back up and running next week, just before the 2017 Lakes International Comic Art Festival - see you there?
Hop over to www.downthetubes.net for other British comics news, comic creating guides, interviews and much more!
Monday, 17 September 2012
STRIP #6 Digital Edition on sale on iTunes, print #5 reaches UK
Mike Conroy – who is Print Media's point of contact in the UK - has also received the print edition of Issue 5, after a very long wait and several woefully incorrect updates from Print Media Bosnia's previous couriers.
Earlier this year, unaware of the problems that would befoul its print magazine, Print Media decided to split the content of the giant-size STRIP #5 roughly in half in order to produce two special, experimental digital editions. STRIP Issue 6, published in partnership with ROK Comics, is the second of these, and includes some bonus items that include special promotional pages for a number of British comic creator-owned projects such as RollerGrrls by Gary Erskine.
The line up is:
• In BLACK OPS EXTREME (by John Freeman and PJ Holden) the the do-or-die military team face off with a dangerous terrorist in the middle of an embassy siege!
• Reluctant hero Constant finds himself betrayed in THE DEVIL'S HERITAGE (by Jerome Felix and Paul Gastine)!
• Will an elven warrior find the help she needs in her quest in AGE OF HEROES (James Hudnall and John Ridgway)?
• Meet DAN BARTON OF SPACE COMMAND: space pilot without a clue (by John Freeman and Andrew Chiu)
• Read the latest STRIP Challenge – BODY POP by Paul Rainey and Robert Wells
All this plus interviews with comic creators Leo Hartas (artist and co-creator of the stunning "Mirabilis: Year of Wonders") and writer and publisher Jim Alexander (plus some pages from his comic, "Amongst the Stars", drawn by Mike Perkins); a taster for Tim Perkins glorious space fantasy story, "Worlds End"; and more crazy antics from BOGEY-MAN BOB.
There are also special tasters of two comics from Print Media's digital partner, ROK Comics - Team M.OB.I.L.E. and Houdini.