The latest issue of the excellent Gerry Anderon-inspired fanzine Andersonic (Issue 7) is now available. Spanning 40 pages with colour covers, it features a new interview with Dominic Lavery who discusses designing and directing New Captain Scarlet and an overview of early Anderson series Fireball XL5. Other features include:-
• APF Memories - one fan's recollections of the studio's 60s heyday.
• Close Up - is the music the best thing about it?
• Alpha Incident Log - Strange goings on with a jewelled asteroid in Space: 1999...
• The Spirit of Thunderbirds - what the film missed and any new series shouldn't forget.
• The Infernal Machine - Classic episode review: Sentient computer seeks new Companion: apply Box 1999.
• Alec Freeman Character Study - there's more to UFO's Alec than you think.
• Black Sun - classic episode review
• Star Fleet/X-Bomber - the Japanese puppet series with a few things in common with Anderson's series.
• Titan Goes Pop - is this Stingray episode anything to shout about? Like, yeah man!
• Reviews of the Barry Gray Centenary Concert and Doppelganger DVD.
The new issue is available via the website www.andersonic.co.uk - price £2.25 including UK postage and also from eBay or by cheque to R. Farrell, 11 Stevenson Drive, Spital, Wirral, CH63 9AH.
If you're outside the UK please don't forget to add the postage - £0.85 for Europe, £1.25 for USA, NZ and Canada.
Utopia/Valhalla, rare comics fanzine featuring early work by teenage Alan Moore offered for £2700 - Over on eBay, there’s an auction running for a comics fanzine published in 1970 – Utopia/Valhalla Issue One – with a starting bid of over £2700. Before any...
1 day ago