Following up on news reports that people would rather read a comic -- sorry, book -- than have sex, after a survey conducted by Travelodge, I scurried over to their web site to find the full text. What books would they rather read? Award-winning books like Alison Bechdel's Fun Home or something scurrilous by Alan Moore?
Sadly, the survey isn't among the press releases just yet, so an item for Monkey News will have to wait. But as you do when you go exploring on the 'Net, I did find an intriguing list of items left behind in Travelodge rooms, including the following bizarre items in 2006:
1. Australian cycle racing team bike worth £19,000
2. Spys dossier ("Mr Bond, you may have defeated SPECTRE but you really have to do something about those memory lapses of yours after a quick one with Moneypenny")
3. A pet dog ("Darling, why are buying dog food?")
4. False teeth ("Dwahlink whif if youf buyin dog fud?")
5. Porsche and Aston Martin keys ("Bond!!!")
6. A hollowed out bible containing £250 cash ("At least I didn't forget the drugs...")
7. A full six foot length of snake skin (Was the snake found later in the air conditioning?)
8. Diamond ring belonging to an ex football player (And ex-husband when his wife found out, I expect)
9. 2 briefcases containing collectable glasses from famous people including Elton John (Well, it could have been something embarassing like two briefcases full of Wonder Woman comics, but Joss Whedon didn't need them anymore)
10. BBC ID card (Michael Grade didn't needed it anymore, either)
Apparently, the most common items left in a Travelodge room in 2006 were:
1. Mobile phone and chargers
3. Clothing items
6. Hen/ Stag Night accessories /adult toys
7. Jewellery /watches
9. Electrical Gadgets Ipod, digital camera
10. False teeth /limbs
* Oh, all right, I made the last one up. You should never leave a 2000AD behind. It will haunt you.
“The 77” comics anthology line-up revealed - [image: The 77 Anthology - Promotional Banner]The line-up of creators contributing to the upcoming The 77 anthology - offering a fast and furious mix of ol...
2 days ago